Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another day older, and closer to death


I am going to have a party next Monday (October 20th). I have been assuring most of the invitees that it will not be too debauched (start mid-evening, wrap up well before midnight), because, after all, it is a "school night" for some people (not for me!). However, I am in fact envisaging a pre-party for 'the inner circle', involving single malt whisky. And a post-party for the diehards, involving chuanr, 2kuai beers, and meng jiu..... and, who knows, perhaps the odd game of late, LATE pool on the way home.

The 'main event' in the middle of the evening is probably going to bankrupt me (but hey, bankruptcy is quite the fashion at the moment, isn't it?). I have asked the gorgeous accordionist Zoe Wang and her Celtic band to come along and do their thing. And I will be attempting to buy all my guests at least one drink (a ploy to encourage timely arrival: I'll run out of money before very long). And I'm still wrangling with the bar get them to throw in a free buffet of some kind. Whatever comes of that, people should probably make their own arrangements for 'main meal' sustenance that night.

Important note: Yes, it is my birthday, but that is just a convenient excuse for a party. I do not like birthdays. I especially do not like my own birthday. Gifts and cards are prohibited. Any mention of my birthday is prohibited. Any queries or speculations about my age are likely to get you a smack in the mouth – you have been warned!


And no, I'm not going to give out any more details than that here on the blog. If you're invited, you've already been invited. I don't want all kinds of trolls and stalkers to crash the event.

If you are 'on the list', I'll see you Monday - you-know-when, you-know-where.

No comments: