Saturday, February 07, 2009

More band name winners

We had quite a few entertaining suggestions in the Possible Band Names competition in January.

Caren offered us String Theory, and Brendan The Jesus Christ Dinosaur Hypothesis and Plastic Reindeer Rules (now that he's explained the stories behind them, they seem slightly less weird) and Bovril By Electrocution (an idea he pinched from me!). I myself suggested Redneckland and January Abstinence. And Gary once again spoiled us with a batch of inspired names: Batatouille, The Colonic Irrigators, Mellow Peril, Suspicious Mines, Donkeyburger.

This month I think I'm going to have to declare a joint first prize, because I can't choose between Brendan's DTMFA (apparently it's short for "Dump the motherfucker already!", a regular piece of advice from online sex columnist Dan Savage) and Gary's Uses Of A Banana.

Brendan, however, clearly scoops the Best Foreign Band Name with Casu Marzu (it's an almost unbelievably horrible Sicilian cheese).

Gary once again claims the Best Cover Band award with Dreadlock Holiday (reggae covers of 10cc hits, what else?).


Thank you, everyone. Please keep those suggestions coming.

No comments: