Wednesday, April 08, 2009

FREE Tabet!

Sorry, couldn't resist that one!


Everybody's favourite Uyghur jazz-folk combo, Panjir, are playing a special gig at Yugong Yigang this Thursday, supporting acclaimed Algerian multi-instrumentalist Fethi Tabet.

This event is apparently part of a tour by Tabet, being sponsored as a cultural exchange by the French government: hence tickets are supposedly FREE - but only available through branches of the Alliance Francaise, and..... well, I gather they've all been distributed long since.

I have a man on the inside who's supposedly holding a ticket or two for me. But..... can you trust a Frenchman??

Anxious times! Hoping to see you all there on Thursday. Hoping....


[Attempts to find out more about Mr Tabet on YouTube and Wikipedia are currently being thwarted for me.... while other searches on these sites seem to be working OK. I wonder if he is falling foul of blocks on the dread word 'Tibet' and all close misspellings thereof?!]

No comments: