Saturday, October 31, 2009

Whither tonight??

There's a welter of Halloween parties tonight, but none I've heard of have tickled my fancy.

Dr Manhattan is rather keen to try out the overseas alumni groups' event at Ruby Khi. He cites the 3-hour open bar for a very affordable 150 kuai, and the likelihood of there being lots of single women there. Young, American graduates.... hmm. Tempting. Except that too high a proportion of Americans in one place tends to lead to gratingness and raucosity. And there are likely to be far more male recent American graduates than female ones at a party like this, I fear.

Also, unfortunately, this place is a re-launch of the utterly execrable (and stupidly named!) i-Ultra Lounge in the appalling Block8 complex. My prejudices die hard. Unless Dr M harnesses up the team of wild stallions, I think I'm unlikely to join him there.


Also, I'm considerably more drawn to the simpler but more reliable pleasures of 2 Kolegas, who supposedly have a stonking good bill tonight: utterly fabulous Ziyo, dirty blues-rocky Wu & The Side Effects (terrible name, great band), and the crowd-pleasing big band swing of DH & The Hellcats. And an outfit called YACHT who no-one's ever heard of before.

Yep, I think that's my likeliest destination tonight.

I'm hoping, hoping the good Dr will be able to round up a group of eligible young ladies to meet up with me somewhere else after midnight....


No comments: