Thursday, October 15, 2009

Worth the wait

Thanks to the hyper-anxiety of the local law enforcement agencies during the recent National Holiday in Beijing, my local bar street of Nanluoguxiang was considerably less vibrant than usual.
 
Salud had twice deferred its usual Wednesday night music show - not, I think, because of a direct ban, but out of a realisation that in this climate it was just going to be more trouble than it was worth.  The twice-advertised, twice-postponed act was the swoonsomely lovely Quebecoise chanteuse Marie-Claude - who finally got to play last night, in the company of some new musicians, including a flautist, which was an intriguing novelty.  (Jazz flute??!!  Yes, I'm afraid my appreciation was somewhat marred by the inescapable recollection of Will Ferrell's flute solo in Anchorman!).
 
Damn, she's gorgeous.  Bad crush.  Bad, bad crush.

2 comments:

JES said...

Had never heard of her, but this sent me trotting about the Web. Finally found her on -- gack! -- MySpace.

You are right: swoonsomely.

Froog said...

Oh, darn. Luddite that I am, it had never occurred to me that she might have a MySpace or Facebook page.

Must not look, must not look....

I think she has the brightest eyes of any girl I've ever known. And an irrepressible vivacity.

I get completely tongue-tied whenever I meet her. It's like being a schoolboy again.