Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ooh - a BIG week!!

As I ruefully observed in a text message last night.


The Chairman, you see, has decided to celebrate his birthday this year. And he's decided to celebrate it on the day on which it actually falls (I don't remember him being a stickler for this principle in the past). And this year, that's a Thursday.

My oldest Beijing-ren friend, K, is holding an event on Friday - which threatens to run late and be significantly alcoholic (and is in a dauntingly remote location which may seriously overstretch my taxi-driver-wrangling skills when I'm trying to get home pissed up at 2am).

And then Saturday..... oh my god, well, there's just too much happening on Saturday: I don't think I'm going to be able to fit it all in. In fact, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit any of it in. I think I'll probably need a 'recovery day' (I'm not the man I once was!) after that Thursday/Friday double-whammy.

And then on Sunday...... JK is doing an all-day bash at 12 Square Metres for Anzac Day. Half-price Cooper's again. Oh dear, oh dear. (And we're supposed to be christening the new indoor loo in the next few days, too. It's all happening this week.)

No comments: