Monday, November 01, 2010

Traffic Report - the blog stats for October

My two little blogs were running each other neck and neck last month.  (And still not much sign of the long-promised scaling down of output!  Sorry.)


There were 39 posts and around 13,000 words on Froogville.

There were 38 posts and 12,000 words on Barstool Blues.


Although JES, my most reliable supporter over the past couple of years, has recently been all but banished from my comment-threads by a tighter censorship regime at his place of work, a new 'comment king', Hopfrog (who does seem rather spookily like my separated-at-birth American twin!), has emerged to take his place.  With his help, I've produced too very lively new threads which could become long-term features on the blogs: one, a discussion of favourite musicians (inspired by my friend Ruby's challenge to nominate my candidates for a "Mount Rushmore of Rock"); the other, a discussion of favourite Formula One drivers past and present (inspired by my review of John Frankenheimer's classic 1966 movie Grand Prix).

Last week's post on Great Film Quotes and the weekend's quiz on the same theme could also attract quite a response, I hope.


And the most exotic of my recent drive-bys have been from Vietnam and Rwanda.  It's a funny old world.

No comments: