Friday, January 21, 2011

HBH 218

Clock ticks, bottle pours,
The money slowly runs out;
A life slips away.


Shortage of cash always accentuates my glumness at this time of year, with a 3-4 month 'slowdown' (often a complete standstill) in work - from just before Christmas to well the other side of Chunjie - prompting me to embrace drastic economy measures.  It's not that I don't have any money, but I try to treat my savings as sancrosanct and live only on current cash-in-hand earnings.  Which means..... LOTS of "quiet evenings in", with only a bottle of Talisker and 1,500 DVDs for company.

And I am about to become officially 'broke'.  Yes, yes, I have my utilities mostly paid up until the end of my lease, and I've managed to salt away the next quarter's rent (which isn't even due for another 5 or 6 weeks), but I don't have any more "walking around money" - unless I raid the stash under the mattress.  Boo.

No comments: