Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Too good to be true?

My spies up in Wudaokou tell me that Laowai's (the major addition to the student bar scene this past semester; long overdue a review on here, but I've only made it out there two or three times so far...) is giving away a 300rmb voucher to anyone who shows up for their Chinese New Year's Eve high-jinks tonight.

WHAT???  Well, that's what I'm told.  I assume it's a raffle prize or restricted to the first 10 people through the door or something; and quite possibly dependent on forking out a hefty door fee as well...?

It's almost intriguing enough to prompt me to schlepp up there to take a look.  Almost, but not quite.

I would be grateful if someone (someone other than The Chairman, whose word is not to be relied upon!) could give me a report on this.



Later.....  Ah, well, I'm told it's actually a two-for-one deal all night... with an additional sweetener of a 30% discount for every 100 kuai you spend. So, that works out at a 60% or so discount (if you maximise the opportunity presented by this offer - good luck!!).  That is very tempting.....


No comments: