Friday, June 01, 2012

Traffic Report - the blog stats for May

Despite being frantically busy with preparations to leave China, I somehow kept up an 'average' - or slightly above 'average' - rate of wittering on the blogs last month.


There were 35 posts and around 16,000 words on Froogville.

There were 33 posts and nearly 10,000 words on Round-The-World Barstool Blues.


The major event of this past month (apart from my departure) has been my campaign to lobby China Central Television to dismiss the despicable Yang Rui. It's unlikely to have much effect, but it's the principle of the thing; we have to keep registering our disapproval of this racist scumbag, and of the fact that the national TV station continues to employ him (with the tacit blessing, if not the direct intervention of the government on Yang's behalf) as one of the lead anchors on its English-language 'International' channel. This is ridiculous, disgusting, utterly intolerable.


My posting, I think, is likely to be much lighter during the next couple of months. Although I have nothing but time on my hands, I am also travelling quite a bit, and not always taking my laptop with me.



I traditionally observe a brief break from blogging anyway at this time of year, to commemorate the victims of the government's June crackdown on the Tiananmen protesters of 1989.  

I'll be back blogging some time next week. 

In this magnificent summer, amid all the holiday revelry of the upcoming weekend, do take a moment or two to reflect on what happened in Beijing 23 years ago - and on how little has really changed since then in the way China is run.


No comments: